Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday(by appointment only)
Hours: 10:00-11:00 and 1:00-3:00
Rolling fees: $20.00
Processing Fee: Varies from $32.00 and up, depending on the licensing required.
Applicants may be responsible for the processing fee, depending on the agency requesting the fingerprints
*Applicants must have a valid form of photo identification and a completed “Request for Live Scan Service” form.
Filing a Report
If you or an immediate family member is the victim of a crime, it should be reported to the police department as soon as possible. To file the report you can call 661-822-2222 and have an officer come to your location or you may come to the police department during business hours to speak to an officer. The incident will be investigated when the police department receives notification of the complaint or crime. You may contact the police department at any time to report additional information, whether it be additional stolen property, the location of your property, suspect information, etc.
Providing officers with all pertinent information and documents will assist in the investigation. For example,
- Stolen Vehicle – provide the license plate number (if possible) or at least the registered owners name
- Identity Theft or Unlawful Use of Credit Card – all documents from your banking institution and/or credit card company
- Theft of Property – serial numbers or owner applied number and a description of the item
Request a Copy of a Report
Portions of crime reports are considered public records and may be released to the general public. Not all reports can be released when requested. You can only receive a crime report if you are an authorized person such as the victim, the victim’s representative, or as provided in Section 6254 of the Government Code. If you are a defendant in a case, the report will be provided at an arraignment; a copy cannot be obtained before the arraignment. After the arraignment, a copy will be available from the court 661 824-7100 option #4 (note: if a suspect is requesting a copy, that copy will be redacted and will take up to two weeks).
To obtain a copy of a police report in person, come to 220 West C Street, Monday thru Friday between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. To obtain a copy of a police report, you must provide a current photo identification.
Traffic collision reports:
Traffic collision reports take a minimum of seven to ten days from the date of the accident to be ready for release. If there are injuries or a fatality, this can be much longer. Traffic collision reports will be released only to parties involved in the collision, and their insurance companies or attorneys.
The Tehachapi Police Department implemented a vehicle release fee of $100.00 for all stored and impounded vehicles. This fee covers the administrative costs associated with the impounding and release of vehicles that have been found in violation of State Vehicle Code Laws. This fee must be paid before any vehicle that has been towed or impounded by the Tehachapi Police Department can be released.
Exemption from this fee:
- Recovered stolen vehicles that are being released to the owner
- Private party tows
- Vehicles are released Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Vehicles will be released to the registered owner, or to a designee of the registered owner (notarized letter required).
- Vehicles must be currently registered, or all fees paid to DMV and have a temporary moving permit
- A valid driver’s license must be presented at the time of release
- Impounded vehicles may have additional requirements before release.
- Social Security card required, along with a California Driver's License or ID card
- Monday through Thursday 7am- 5pm
- Fee: $47.00
Repossessed Vehicle Receipt
Registered owner must be present with a valid driver's license and current registration. Upon paying the fee, you must contact the repossession company regarding your vehicle.
Equipment Check/Citation Sign-Off
- You must have the citation and cited vehicle with you
- The violations must have been corrected
- Extensions for citations are issued by the court, and NOT the Police Department
- Fee: $26.00