About the Commission
The Planning Commission is a permanent committee of five citizens who must reside in the city limits. The members have been appointed by the City Council to review matters related to planning and development.
The commission holds public hearings on a regular basis to consider land use matters that include such things as the local general plan, specific plans, rezonings, use permits, and subdivisions.
The Planning Commission is the City Council’s adviser on land-use planning. The City Council may choose to follow the recommendations of the Planning Commission or not. Accordingly, they may reverse or modify the Planning Commission actions or send proposals back to the commission for further review.
In addition, Planning Commission decisions are subject to appeal to the City Council. The City Council has the final say in all city matters.
Terms of Office
- Chairperson Kim Nixon - Appointed January 7, 2019, term expires June 30, 2022
- Vice-Chairperson Linda Hollinsworth - Appointed July 16, 2018, term expires June 30, 2022
- Commissioner Charles White - Appointed August 4, 2008, term expires June 30, 2025
- Commissioner Steve Hamblin - Appointed October 5, 2020, term expires June 30, 2025
- Commissioner Daryl Christensen - Appointed October 3, 2011, term expires June 30, 2025
Planning Commission Meetings are usually the second Monday of every month. Please check the city calendar for any changes.