At the February 16th meeting the Tehachapi City Council unanimously approved the ‘Small Business Loyalty Program’ aimed at incentivizing purchases at small businesses in the City of Tehachapi.
Customers who purchase over $100 of goods/services at any small business within the City of Tehachapi can bring those receipts to City Hall from March 1-March 30th. Qualifying purchases are those only from independently owned small businesses and exclude alcohol and tobacco purchases. Other restrictions apply.
Those customers will then receive a $20 gift card that is redeemable at a variety of local restaurants. There will be multiple options for participants to choose from.
These gift cards will be purchased in advance by the City of Tehachapi to ensure the business owners receive a small stimulus on the front end and hopefully increase return traffic to their establishments for gift card redemption and additional purchases.
“This is a small program that we are hoping will increase traffic at our small businesses in the City of Tehachapi and reward customers for their loyalty,” said Economic Development Coordinator Corey Costelloe. “Studies have shown that over half of customers with a gift cards spend more than the card’s value at redemption time, so we hope the purchases for this program will boost the bottom line for our small business owners and maybe even encourage people to try something new.”
The complete rules for the program and the qualifying purchases are as follows:
- Qualifying purchases are those from an independently owned small business located within Tehachapi City limits. Purchases from corporations, large chains or grocery stores are not eligible.
- Purchases that qualify for the Small Business Loyalty Program include retail purchases from established small businesses, food and drink (minus alcohol) at independently owned restaurants, personal services (hair, nails, salon) or other goods and services from qualifying businesses.
- Items not eligible include alcohol, tobacco, fuel, or grocery items. The City of Tehachapi reserves the right to reject purchases deemed to violate the spirit of the Small Business Loyalty Program.
- Participants are asked to bring receipts totaling $100 or more to Tehachapi City Hall, 115 S. Robinson Street, Monday-Thursday 7 AM-5:30 PM to redeem receipts for a $20 gift card/certificate to a local restaurant.
- All receipts will be stamped and returned to participants. Limit one gift card per person week.
- Valid purchases must be made from March 1, 2021-March 31st 2021 or until funding for program is exhausted.
For more information contact Economic Development Coordinator Corey Costelloe at (661) 822-2200 ex. 121 or email@example.com