Historic Railroad Depot
Free: Donations Accepted
|Other Link||Historic Tehachapi Depot|
The Tehachapi Railroad Depot was a railroad station in Tehachapi, California. The depot was built in 1904 along a Southern Pacific Railroad line built in 1876; the railroad founded the town of Tehachapi and drew the residents of nearby Tehichipa to the new settlement. The depot served a significant section of railroad, as it was located near the Tehachapi Loop and was one of the most active rural stations during World War II. The station later served as a warehouse and a railroad office.
In 2008, the depot burned down; it was rebuilt in 2009 and now serves as the Tehachapi Depot Railroad Museum with historic railroad artifacts.
The original depot was added to the National Register of Historic Places on October 20, 1999. Although the original depot no longer exists, it remains on the National Register